Paris, September 3rd, 2013 – Parrot, a leader in automotive connectivity and infotainment solutions, announced that it will be supplying McLaren with its new innovative connected Infotainment open-platform for its future vehicle lines. This solution will be the new generation of McLaren’s “IRIS” infotainment system. It will be a new implementation of Parrot’s ASTEROID Infotainment platform and will enable McLaren drivers to access top-of-the-line connected applications and services such as:
- Navigation with iGo Primo software from NNG (AutoNavi for the Chinese market or ItsumoNavi for the Japanese market), including live traffic information via TMC or 3G/LTE.
- Online mapping and search for Points Of Interest, with the ability to trigger the navigation to a chosen destination.
- Internet radio TuneIn, aggregating radio stations from all over the world. These online radios are supplemented by local ones that are received by the unit’s AM/FM tuner with phase diversity.
- Multimedia playback of music files from local sources (iPods®, USB thumb drives….).
- Internet browsing (not available when driving). The browser allows Java animations and films.
About ParrotParrot, a global leader in wireless devices for mobile phones, stands on the cutting edge of innovation. The company was founded in 1994 by Henri Seydoux as part of his determination to drive the inevitable breakthrough of mobile phones into everyday life by creating high-quality, user-friendly wireless devices for easy living. Parrot has developed the most extensive range of hands-free systems on the market for cars. Its globally recognised expertise in the fields of mobile connectivity and multimedia around Smartphones has positioned Parrot as a key player of in-car infotainment. Additionally, Parrot designs and markets a prestigious line of high-end wireless multimedia products in collaboration with some of the world’s most well-renowned designers. Finally, Parrot is expanding on the UAV market with the Parrot AR.Drone, the first quadricopter piloted via Wi-Fi and using augmented reality and so with new solutions to address the UAV market for professional use. Parrot, headquartered in Paris, currently employs more than 800 people worldwide and generates the majority of its sales overseas. Parrot is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris since 2006. (FR0004038263 – PARRO) More information: www.parrot.com / www.ardrone.com / www.parrotoem.com Parrot contacts
|Analyst and investor relations – Financial media Marie Calleux T: +33 (0) 1 53 65 68 68 firstname.lastname@example.org||Corporate PR, Parrot Group Vanessa Loury T +33 (0) 6 86 56 81 33 email@example.com|